Sunday, July 18, 2010

PB Bar And Grill



Living in San Diego there is a very popular place for young people to go out and have fun...it is called PB. Being only 21 for less then a year, I was very excited to discover this place. A bar hopping town by the beach? What more could a young lady want! Well the more I go there, the less I seem to like it. My encounter the other night was one that has left me quite shocked.

Alex and I were walking down the street to PB Bar And Grill. There was a pretty large line but we were fine with waiting. Out of nowhere here comes this light skinned guy and he starts telling us he can get us in right now, I immediately become suspicious. Most people...men especially always want something in return for their acts of "generosity". I tell him I have a boyfriend (Lie) and if hes looking for anything for getting me in I cant help him. He gives me this huge phony smile, and I cant help but to smile back because he has the biggest spongebob square pants gap I have ever seen. He assures me I owe him nothing...so like a dummy I accept the offer and we get in. Oh and also, one important side note I must tell you: the reason why he could get us in to this bar was because he worked there and he was just off duty for the night.

Everything seemed to be going fine and it had been an hour since I last saw Spongebob. I was to be the designated driver for the night so I had one vodka sprite and called it good. Spongebob snuck up behind me and put his arms around me. Now being the not so friendly completely uncuddly girl that I am..I did not enjoy this. He however, did not seem to care. He kept grabbing me and was trying to wrap his arms around me. Feeling the need to handle the situation like a lady I gently pushed on his chest to create some breathing space as I asked him to "please stop". Spongebob then grabbed my butt...and Im sorry but.. THAT IS MY BUTT!!! I dont understand where men started thinking that it was okay to grab a strangers behind.. incase there are any men reading this that need clarification I will help you out right now...DONT TOUCH/FONDLE/GRAB/SLAP/KISS ANYTHING THAT ISNT YOURS!!!! Now that we have that handled, I can continue on with my story.

Lady like Frances disappeared and I pretty much told him to back off. He then said something along the lines of, "Listen B**** ..I got you in here I can get you kicked out." If I would've had an object I would have definitely hit him with it. I really dont know if he thought that was going to make me say "Oh okay..well in that case..touch all you want." I just cant quite decide where he thought that statement would take him. Alex and I got away from him, and I was telling her what he said to me when what do you know...guess who walks up. Two bouncers and they tell us to follow them. Was I really being kicked out?? The answer is yes. When we got out the door they said, "Listen mam, it has been brought to my attention that you may have had too much to drink tonight." HAH!! At this point I'm extremely mad, "Oh really?? Thats funny because I have only had one drink tonight and that was over an hour ago. Are you sure it doesn't have something to do with the dirt bag with the spongebob gap???" They stared at me for a minute not saying anything until then finally the other one says, "Well your friend was swaying and closing her eyes. So I'm sorry were just going to have to call it a night." Lies. Lies. Lies.

This story not only makes me angry but I feel disappointed. I legitimately was kicked out of a bar because I asked a guy to please not sexually harrass me. That is the most crooked repulsive thing I have experienced in quite awhile. It makes me wonder how many guys get away with sexually harrassing women in PB Bar and Grill just because they're "homies" with the bouncer.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard legends about that place. Sooner or later I would visit San Diego and would enjoy something delicious there!

    ReplyDelete