Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What is a good woman???

I stumbled across something on Facebook that I found very interesting. It struck my attention so much that I wanted to include it in one of my blogs. A guy posted this on his status, and several people commented on it. Myself included.


Facebook man: Is wondering what is a good woman really?? I hear so many say they are "good women", just kuz you say it dont mean you are one. Actions speak louder then words...Can I please hear from the ladies, I already know what da men got to say...lol.


Girl #1: Honest, loyal, understanding, supportive, fun, loving, committed & will stick by your side no matter what. A good man brings out the good woman in all of us.


Girl #2: A gud woman dont have to say shes 1...You can tell by the fruit she bears!!! Prime example your mother and your sisters!!!


Girl #3: A good woman is loyal, honest, loving, supportive, someone who's not about playing games. She knows what she wants and what she needs to do to get there, she knows what she will and wont put up with, shes independant but knows how to be submissive/compromise, shes that ryde or die chick, and she always keeps in 100!


Facebook Man: Challenging exactly sis! Maybe dats my problem, you guys made my expectations soooooooo high!! Its ur guys fault! lol


Random Male: I feel ya brodie where are the "REAL" women at and not fake closet hoes?


Girl #4: A good woman doesnt have to announce it, she is it.


Girl #2: I appologize for us then bruh lol but you know how we do..cook clean work and pray!


Random Male: Its hard findin the right one, as we get older the pool get shallower! Now you know why ya boy is livin single.


Facebook Man: Your right!!!



My Response: I think men have a hard time finding a good woman because they try to fit her into a criteria of characteristics...and if one is missing then she must not really be a good woman. All the comments on your status show what I mean, almost every person was listing things. A good woman makes mistakes...a good woman does lie..but because shes HUMAN not because shes bad. You dont need to have all these guidelines for what a good woman is..if you do you may never find her. If a woman really loves you, she will be good to you, and that my friend is all that matters. :0)



I found it so interesting that a guy would post this...I mean I think I can speak for many women when I say that guys dont really seem to go for the "good women". I suppose eventually in the end yes, but they wonder why they cant find her yet they talk to girls like theyre pieces of meat. If you go out hunting for a one night stand..then youre going to find a one night stand type of girl.
To my dismay, I noticed when writing my response that I compare men to a list of characteristics as well. Im quite disappointed in myself.

1 comment: